2.06.2010

Isaac's First Month


Sleepy baby.

Isaac has been trying to adapt to the world for one month now. His first two weeks were dreamy. He was a great baby, sleeping, sleeping and sleeping. He would only fuss for food and diaper changes. I thought, "What an easy baby! I'm so lucky." His grandmommy stayed with us for a week and spoiled us. She cooked delicious dinners, did the laundry, held the baby, changed dirty diapers, played with Aleena and made the best desserts all while I rested and slept.
Grandmommy & the grandbabies.


We celebrated her birthday. Matt made dinner & decorated. I took her to get her first pedicure & manicure. She loved it & felt pampered.

Then the "honeymoon" phase ended when she left our home. Isaac cried, and cried and it was hard to keep him happy. He would eat and eat, then spit it up or poop it out. Poor thing always has gas. It's been getting better though. He's adjusting and doesn't cry as often, but does have one crying fit a day. Recently, I've found a way to calm him by bouncing him in my arms and then putting the pacifier in his mouth. I'm relieved he takes the pacifier. Aleena never took one and just cried and cried.

He had enough of the pictures & wanted milk.


There have been many differences between Aleena and Isaac. He's definitely a boy with lots of puking, pooping and passing gas. He is a great eater/nurser, although he may be eating too much since he's always spitting up. He makes a lot of grunting noises while he sleeps, and is quite hairy. He is the cutest little baby boy though. I love when he smiles and laughs in his sleep. It makes my heart melt. His face as he gazes at me also melts my heart. He has his daddy's hands, feet, chin and mouth. His eyes are the same gray that Aleena had when she was born, which have since turned green/gray. It will be interesting to see what color eyes he will have. Certainly not my brown eyes. He does get his thick dark hair from me and his chubby cheeks I think from my side of the family because they look exactly like my cousin's when he was a baby. That's all I can tell he has from me so far.


It's been getting a little easier each day being a mother of two. It certainly has been a big change in our lives. I've been blessed to have friends and family who are willing to help. That makes it so much easier. I've been to Target plenty of times with both. If I can do my shopping with two children not screaming the whole time, then I think I'm doing okay. I'm grateful for Target popcorn to calm Aleena and the Baby Bjorn for Isaac.

Me and my sweet babies.

4 comments:

Billy and Katie said...

I always get my girls popcorn at Target too! And if they're extra good they'll get a hot dog on the way out!
You're a great mommy. (Going from 1 to 2 was hard for me... 2 to 3 was soooooooooooo much easier!)

Piper said...

You are doing it, Mama!! So happy for you guys- having more than one truly is a blessing. Give me a call when you get a chance- I had three colicky babies and the lactation consultant gave me some pointers with number four and he was not- don't know if he was just destined to be colicky or the tricks worked, but they are worth a shot!

Trudy G. said...

Looks like you are doing just fine. Such cute kids. Fun to see them growing up.

JonandLo said...

What a beautiful sweet family you have. We are so happy for you guys! Congrats and we miss you