Welcome our newest addition to our family.
Isaac Cayuga Mayry
Born: Thursday, January 7th 2010
Time: 6:26pm
Stats: 8 lbs, 8 oz. 20 inches

I went to my appointment that Thursday at 11am. I told my doctor I thought I may have been leaking, but wasn't sure if it was urine or if my water broke, since it was a small leak. I noticed it since Saturday, but that morning I really didn't think it was urine. He did a test and had me follow him into his office to talk. He said the test showed that my membranes did rupture and that he was going to send me to labor and delivery right away. I was shocked and very nervous since I had Aleena at home with a thirteen-year-old babysitter who had never watched her before. My packed bag was at home and Matt was at a job site in L.A. He was supposed to be off before my appointment to watch Aleena, but they ran into problems and he was going to be staying pretty late. I called Matt and told him he needed to get home fast. I also called a friend to pick up Aleena to watch her. I drove across the street and tried to find parking at the hospital, but couldn't find anything. Frustrated, I decided to go home to see Aleena get taken care of and to pack a few more things I needed. Matt made it home fast and as we were getting in the car the doctor called me on my cell wondering where I was. It had been two hours since he told me to check in. He was not happy, because I needed to be on antibiotics to be treated for Strep B, which we'd known I tested positive early on in the pregnancy. We got to our hospital in 15 minutes. Matt dropped me off and I checked in at 2:30pm. My nurse, Michelle McMillion, was very friendly and made me feel at ease. She gave me as many popsicles and cranberry spritzers I wanted.
I had a beautiful ocean view of Newport Beach which helped ease some anxiety, but I was still extremely nervous. Throughout the pregnancy my doctor kept telling me I was going to have a big baby and I may need a c-section. I really wanted to have him naturally with an epidural, but if there were any complications I would oblige to have a c-section. The nurse said she was going to start me on Pitocin to speed up the labor. She told me, "We're going to have this baby in four hours". I said, "Yeah right". She said, "You will. It's your second baby and they come fast."
Isaac Cayuga Mayry
Born: Thursday, January 7th 2010
Time: 6:26pm
Stats: 8 lbs, 8 oz. 20 inches
I went to my appointment that Thursday at 11am. I told my doctor I thought I may have been leaking, but wasn't sure if it was urine or if my water broke, since it was a small leak. I noticed it since Saturday, but that morning I really didn't think it was urine. He did a test and had me follow him into his office to talk. He said the test showed that my membranes did rupture and that he was going to send me to labor and delivery right away. I was shocked and very nervous since I had Aleena at home with a thirteen-year-old babysitter who had never watched her before. My packed bag was at home and Matt was at a job site in L.A. He was supposed to be off before my appointment to watch Aleena, but they ran into problems and he was going to be staying pretty late. I called Matt and told him he needed to get home fast. I also called a friend to pick up Aleena to watch her. I drove across the street and tried to find parking at the hospital, but couldn't find anything. Frustrated, I decided to go home to see Aleena get taken care of and to pack a few more things I needed. Matt made it home fast and as we were getting in the car the doctor called me on my cell wondering where I was. It had been two hours since he told me to check in. He was not happy, because I needed to be on antibiotics to be treated for Strep B, which we'd known I tested positive early on in the pregnancy. We got to our hospital in 15 minutes. Matt dropped me off and I checked in at 2:30pm. My nurse, Michelle McMillion, was very friendly and made me feel at ease. She gave me as many popsicles and cranberry spritzers I wanted.
I had a beautiful ocean view of Newport Beach which helped ease some anxiety, but I was still extremely nervous. Throughout the pregnancy my doctor kept telling me I was going to have a big baby and I may need a c-section. I really wanted to have him naturally with an epidural, but if there were any complications I would oblige to have a c-section. The nurse said she was going to start me on Pitocin to speed up the labor. She told me, "We're going to have this baby in four hours". I said, "Yeah right". She said, "You will. It's your second baby and they come fast."
She asked me if I felt any pain. I said I was only feeling uncomfortable, as if I had to pee. She said I was contracting and was wondering why I was still smiling. I didn't feel any pain, but now I know those "uncomfortable pains" were the contractions that I had been having for several days. When I checked in I was at dilated to 3 cm. Then she had some medical staff break my "fore bag". Since my membranes did rupture, it was only a slow leaking, creating a little bag where the baby was applying pressure. After he broke that bag my contractions came closer together. I was given the epidural right away and had progressed to 7cm. Still wasn't in any pain like I had with Aleena which made me think the labor was going to take forever.
At 5 o'clock the nurse asked Matt and me to guess what I had dilated to. Matt and I both said 8cm. She smiled and said, "No, you're at a 10 and ready to push". What?!? We were both surprised, and I was thinking "When is this going to hurt?". She called the doctor and luckily he was across the street still in his office. He came over and told me to push. Then a different nurse came in and asked if the doctor could look at this other patient. He said he'd be right back and to continue to push. My nurse said I'll be taking a while. Pushing was so easy this time. My nurse gave me excellent instructions and I'm glad I requested the mirror so I could see my progress. It was amazing to see his little head full of hair with each push. Just as the doctor left and we did one push he almost came right out, so she told me to stop pushing and had to call the doctor right back in. Both he and the nurse were surprised that he was coming so fast. I did one more round of pushing and he came right out. All in all I pushed for 15 minutes and pushed only 15 times. Luckily I didn't tear and I still didn't feel any pain. It was crazy. I told the nurse, "I'd have 10 babies if all my labors were that easy".
It was such a beautiful sight to have my little boy in my arms. I was in love. His poor little face was bruised and his eyes were bloodshot from being pushed out so quickly, but he still was so cute. He had so much black hair. A lot more hair than Aleena had. He also had this high pitched cry that still is so funny to me. It almost sounds like a little pig squealing :)

Our stay at the hospital was very nice during recovery. I loved all the nurses. They let me rest and didn't bug me. They allowed my family to visit whenever they wanted. Even their food was pretty good. One night I had filet Mignon for dinner. By the second day I was ready to leave. I wanted to rest at home and enjoy being a family. I also missed Aleena. When Matt brought her in the next day to meet Isaac, she was so loving and wanted to hug him and kiss him and hold him. She still is very loving. I love how sweet she is with him. I have to remind myself to set some time aside for her. Nursing takes up so much of my time, but if she sits right next to me and I hold her or talk to her, she seems to enjoy our time together. Luckily Matt is home to take care of us and I have friends who are willing to take Aleena out and enjoy some play time. We've been well fed also. Friday my mother-in-law is going to be flying in and we get to have her the whole week! I'm so excited. Also, my mom will be spending time with us and help out as much as she can with one foot :)
I'm so excited to have my Isaac here with us. I truly feel blessed to have another baby. I was really nervous and not as excited about having another child because Aleena had so many needs and I didn't feel like I'd be a good mother to both. But since having Isaac in my arms, I know I am where I'm supposed to be. A mother of two and I love every minute of it. I love having two babies to take care of and I love that Aleena has a sibling. I feel that much richer.
Isaac just barely born and in my arms for the first time. I was elated.
It was such a beautiful sight to have my little boy in my arms. I was in love. His poor little face was bruised and his eyes were bloodshot from being pushed out so quickly, but he still was so cute. He had so much black hair. A lot more hair than Aleena had. He also had this high pitched cry that still is so funny to me. It almost sounds like a little pig squealing :)
Our stay at the hospital was very nice during recovery. I loved all the nurses. They let me rest and didn't bug me. They allowed my family to visit whenever they wanted. Even their food was pretty good. One night I had filet Mignon for dinner. By the second day I was ready to leave. I wanted to rest at home and enjoy being a family. I also missed Aleena. When Matt brought her in the next day to meet Isaac, she was so loving and wanted to hug him and kiss him and hold him. She still is very loving. I love how sweet she is with him. I have to remind myself to set some time aside for her. Nursing takes up so much of my time, but if she sits right next to me and I hold her or talk to her, she seems to enjoy our time together. Luckily Matt is home to take care of us and I have friends who are willing to take Aleena out and enjoy some play time. We've been well fed also. Friday my mother-in-law is going to be flying in and we get to have her the whole week! I'm so excited. Also, my mom will be spending time with us and help out as much as she can with one foot :)
I'm so excited to have my Isaac here with us. I truly feel blessed to have another baby. I was really nervous and not as excited about having another child because Aleena had so many needs and I didn't feel like I'd be a good mother to both. But since having Isaac in my arms, I know I am where I'm supposed to be. A mother of two and I love every minute of it. I love having two babies to take care of and I love that Aleena has a sibling. I feel that much richer.
Aleena loves holding her baby brother.
Isaac's middle name: His middle name, Cayuga, is the name of the tribe that I'm from. I'm Native American from the Iroquoise Nation. The nation has six tribes and we are from the Cayuga tribe. We decided to honor my heritage and name him after our tribe. We thought it fit perfectly.
7 comments:
such a beautiful baby! congrats!
Congratulations Goldie!!! He is so beautiful, and look at all that hair!!! I'm so happy that your delivery went smoothly.
Congratulations! I love the picture with Aleena holding him. Can't wait to meet him. Take care. Miss you.
He is a beautiful baby who came at the perfect time to his perfect family. LOVE you guys!! Can't wait to get together again so we can witness more of Aleena's loves for ourselves!!
Congratulations! He is so sweet! Glad you had such an easy delivery!
CONGRATULATIONS Goldie & Matt! I love the name you chose and what a great story. You two are incredible people. I am glad everything went so well. Congratulations, Isaac is beautiful and Aleena looks so happy to have a little brother.
Congratulations Goldie! He is beautiful! I started to cry as I read your post. You really are going to be such a good Mommy of two. What a blessed boy to come to your family!
Post a Comment