12.29.2009

Christmas Day 2009

Christmas morning was fantastic. My mom made our favorite Christmas breakfast: eggs benedict with smoked salmon and spinach with her homemade hollandaise sauce.
I loved watching Aleena open up all her presents. She made the cutest sounds "Oooh" and "wow". It was so much fun.

In the evening, my mom and I had just finished making the tomato corn pie and were going to start on the mushroom soup, when she slipped coming down the stairs and broke/shattered her left ankle. I was horrified, and luckily Matt was so calm and called 911. Both my Dad and Matt gave her a blessing. Within a few minutes the ambulance and fire dept. arrived and whisked her off to the emergency room. Poor mom didn't even get to eat. She and my dad were in the hospital all night awaiting an appointment for surgery. Matt and Lillie spent some time with my dad (midnight to 3am). Brought him food and waited for news. They finally came home and slept. My mom stayed in the hospital for a few days. Then she was able to come home, where we waited on her and tried to keep her comfortable. It was so awful seeing her in pain. I wanted nothing more than to take all of it away from her. She is such a strong woman. She never cried, but only complained that she ruined Christmas. She didn't. I think we were more active with Christmas by serving her. We all pitched in: Cleaned, made meals, gave her meds, made her comfortable. It was what Christ would do. We stayed about a week. I wish I could still be there taking care of her, but I am days away from being due and I don't want to be an hour away (withought traffic) from the hospital.

Lillie with her Snuggie. Me and my big belly.


Tutu and Papa found the best gift ever! I love this little table that folds up so easily.


Aleena loved trying on all the clothes. She loved it so much she wanted to wear everything at once.


Auntie Serene knew what she liked. Farm animals.


She loved opening up presents. She just tore away the wrapper and was excited for the contents.


Also another favorite were the new leggings. She had to try them on right away.


I got her a new dress. She thought it was pretty.


Grandmommy sent some fun presents all the way from Virginia. Aleena loved looking at the colorful pages of "Miss Spider's Tea Party".


Matt happy about more tools.


This by far was the best present. Even I used it multiple times. It is nice and cozy. Just wish they had a back for it to walk around the house in ;)

1 comment:

Trudy G. said...

Thanks for sharing your Christmas day. I hadn't heard all the details of your Mom's broken ankle. That's too bad, but it sounds like she was well cared for. Sounds like Aleena had a wonderful time. What a fun age.