9.28.2009

Baby Mayry Name: Isaac

After many names were thrown out like: Lincoln, Paxton, Stone, Cayuga, Ray, Earl, Jacob, John and if you can believe sillier names, we've decided on the name Isaac for our little boy. However, a middle name is still a work in progress. We didn't name the little guy after any family member, unfortunately we don't have too many relatives with names we liked. Instead, I was looking through the hymnal at church for names and happened upon the name Isaac Watts, a text author and thought Isaac was a nice name, and not overly used.

Later that day during nursery my friend, Yadira, suggested I look through the hymnal for boy names. Ha! Funny that she said that, because I was during Sacrament.

Anyways, I presented the name to Matt and he instantly liked it (the first name since the whole "name-the-baby-business"), but still wanted to keep our options open. I loved the name and was 100% sure I wanted to name our son that, so I kept calling the little guy Isaac. Matt said he was only 90% sure of the name. But, as of last week, he started calling him Isaac. Hooray!

Strange story, I know. Or maybe a bit boring, but I love hearing how people came up with their kids' names or who they were named after. And since last time I was a bit secretive about Aleena's name (lest anyone should "steal" the name before she was born) I decided I didn't care if anyone "stole" the name and would rather announce it.

I looked up the name in a baby name book and the meaning of Isaac is "laughter". I love that!

I love you little Isaac ___ Mayry!

5 comments:

Piper said...

So sweet, mama! Thanks for sharing!!

aly said...

I like it! I'm sure Kurt would be happy to help with a middle name. He's especially fond of "Detritus".

Billy and Katie said...

I LOVE the name.
I always feel like I have to tell people how I come up with my babies name... it's always fun to see how people decide. The hymnal makes for a very cute story!

Trudy G. said...

Seneca would be a cool middle name.

adriandgreg said...

We like Isaac. We almost named Grant that. Good choice. Very cute and totally inspired...:)