10.01.2008

HOT!

It was disgustingly hot today. I'm guessing in the high 90's. I was loving the cool weather a few days ago and looking forward to baking, but the heatwave ruined it for me. I couldn't stand being in the house (with no A.C), but I also didn't want to go outside. Luckily Matt came home early and we decided to cool off at South Coast Plaza (mall). Normally I hate window shopping, but today I made an exception for free A.C. We had such a fun time and even ran into some friends who were doing the same thing of trying to cool off. That was Funny.

We ate at California Pizza Kitchen and split a yummy Buffalo Chicken pizza. We also looked at furniture and some cute Christmas dresses for Aleena. My favorite store was Tiffany & Co. I loved their beautiful diamonds. I think I will go back and just admire them again. Aleena was great the whole time, although she didn't want to be in her stroller for very long. Matt ended up carrying her most of the time. Yeah, she isn't light either. She's 16 lbs! At least he got a good strength workout. We ended the family outing with some chocolate from See's Candies which is a favorite mall-going tradition, thanks to my mom. When we were leaving we couldn't believe that we spent THREE HOURS at the mall! Thank goodness we spent less than $12.00! We really had a wonderful time, and when we left it was nice and cool outside, and our house was too.

3 comments:

Piper said...

LOL! We were there too- our AC went out on Tuesday afternoon and yesterday our house finally hit 89* before I decided I couldn't take it anymore... We ended up meeting Matt at Rainforest Cafe for a VERY long dinner. (Seeing as it was Kids' night and cheaper to eat there- the only time we actually go there!) The kids loved it and they got balloon animals- too bad I didn't get pictures of them with their animals before half of Maia's popped... But yea- window shopping- we did ours at Target and it took the kids forever to get through the toy section, but that was VERY nice yesterday. HA

Goldie said...

How funny!! Sounds like you and your family had a great time too!

california smiths said...

It was unbearably hot! I am so frugal when it comes to using our a/c units because I refuse to have a high bill, so I usually sweat it out, but on Tuesday I admit they ran for more hours than the entire rest of the summer :) It is always nice to get out and window shop though. Though we mostly just use SOuth Coast for the carosel now, my kids LOVE it!