10.02.2008

Hooray for Good Husbands!

A friend of mine praised her husband in an email she sent after he helped relieve her of a very stressful day. I thought it was such an uplifting way to remember all the good things our husbands do instead of dwell on all the annoying things. I think women, including myself, should do more to publicly praise their men in front of other women instead of bashing them and trading stories of what their men do wrong. If you have a good story about your husband post it on your blog. Maybe he'll see it and do more of those good things and feel loved.

Here's mine:

Tonight I made dinner for my husband and he was pleased to have a hot meal when he got home. While making the meal I had to endure a crying-teething, yet cute, little baby. Once my husband got home he picked her up from her jumper and played with her so I could finish up. He then fed her (without me asking him to), and complimented me on my meal. In the middle of dinner he got a call to go fishing later, and I overheard him say, "Not until after the baby goes to bed". I was looking forward to watching my favorite show of the week, "Ugly Betty", when the baby started fussing and wanted to go to bed. Me being selfish, left the room wishing the baby could've held out 30 more minutes so I could give her a bath and put her to bed after the show. Just as I reached her room to undress her, my husband told me to go watch my show and he'll give her a bath. I was surprised and yet relieved. Of course I had guilty feelings of, "This is my job, you work hard all day to support us", but I took him up on his offer and watched t.v. and listened to him and the baby laughing and talking. It was the sweetest thing to overhear. We then said our family prayer and it was Aleena's turn. She thanked her daddy for being a good man and taking care of her and mommy.

He really is a good man, father and husband. I am so grateful to be married to him.

1 comment:

Piper said...

Good job, Goldie... I totally agree!