1.08.2008

Pregnancy Update: 29 weeks, last trimester, approx. 3 more months, 73 days to go!!

The third trimester is here!!
The second trimester went by fast. It started out rough with the heartburn but the medicine did the trick, and it was smooth sailing after that. I slowly began to eat all the foods I had to avoid: pizza, spaghetti, chips n' salsa. Life became wonderful! At my November appointment my Dr. told me I had only gained 2 pounds and said, "You can start gaining weight now." I was up for the mission of gaining weight. Thanksgiving marked the day where I could eat anything I wanted and didn't end up in heartburn induced pain. At my December appointment I had gained 12 pounds! My Dr. was happy. She said I should now start gaining around 1 pound per week. My belly began to shape more into a little basketball. I'm really liking the belly. My pre-pregnancy pants still fit under my belly but my pre-pregnancy shirts are really tight. Some of the shirts are still working and growing with me, but for the most part I'm starting to get the peek-a-boo-belly. Pretty funny. Had to buy some new shirts. Good thing there was a good sale at Target. I can hardly justify buying maternity clothes when I'll only be in them for a few more weeks.
With the growing belly I've noticed I've been starting to waddle a bit. I'm really not that big. I also can hardly get out of a comfy couch as easily. Matt has to give me a little push. He also laughs when I try to get out of bed. It looks like I'm a turtle on its back. I'm glad he's amused.

Matt and I also will be attending our childbirth class in February. We'll see how that goes. Hopefully it won't be too boring. I am having small anxiety issues about the labor. It's scary not knowing really what to expect. Everyone I've talked to has so many different experiences. Some scarier than others. I received a prenatal yoga gift that helps me meditate and focus. It works if I keep at it.

Our baby girl keeps growing stronger and stronger each day. Her kicks, punches or movements are sometimes too strong when they're in my ribs. She also likes to sit on my bladder. I am so glad that she lets me know she's here with me, and to not forget about her. I can't wait to see her. Matt was finally fortunate enough to feel her kicking around Christmas time. He had been waiting weeks. He was so happy. Even my sister, Lillie, felt her. It is pretty bizarre. This past week I can see her movements. It truly does look like an alien has taken over my body.
We've been talking to her a lot. I bet she'll recognize our voices when she's born.

I've been in the nesting mood and want to get her room put together. So far she has a whole closet full of clothes. Luckily her Aunt supplied most of them. She is one lucky baby.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

I'd like to tell you not to worry about labor... but lets face it - you will. What helped me when I got anxious was remembering that our bodies are made to have babies (they teach you that in your birthing class and it is so true its amazing!) and if everyone else can make it through (and have multiple children), so could I! And what helped me as the time got closer was knowing that labor would end at some point. It did! And then you get to hold her and love her... its great!

Mary Beth said...

Hi Goldie! I was just going to say the same thing. Our bodies are so amazing, and they know just what to do. You'll do great!

Goldie said...

Thank you both for your comments. I will just trust in my body.

Megan C. said...

It's great to hear how Baby Girl Mayry is growing! Time is going so fast! She'll be hear before you know it!