

I am in the 2nd trimester now. 4 months!! I had heartburn really bad one night. It started around 9pm, not the usual middle of the night thing, and it continued to get worse. I was throwing up every hour and the big bubble that sat below my sternum kept causing so much pressure that it hurt too much to sleep, sit, stand, or do anything. I had Matt give me a blessing. The pain didn't subside, so at 3am I called the nurse and he said to go to the ER. Matt took me and luckily he pulled over in time for me to not mess up his car. The Dr. gave me a pain killer (it certainly did the trick!) and a medicine for nausea and a med for the acid. He said it was just too much acid and that it kept compiling from previous nights. Finally, at around 6am I was released and came home to sleep. Luckily my boss understood, and I was able to take the day off to recup. The bubble lessened just a little after the pain medicine wore off. I was prescribed some vicodine and an acid reflux medicine. I didn't start feeling completely better until a week later. I have to be careful not to eat big portions of food and not to eat tomatoes or other acid type foods. It's very hard, because I love spicy food so much. One of my favorite foods has been chips and salsa. I can't even eat that anymore. But I am so glad to finally feel better. Matt has been the best husband in the world. He truly empathizes and tries to make me feel comfortable. He also has been doing all the cooking and cleaning and really trying to help me out since I've been so sick. He got a break last weekend when he went with a friend on a camping trip up the coast in Monterey. I was able to rest at my parent's house. We both had a great time. He did a lot of exploring and eating with his buddy. I was able to sleep, go shopping in Big Bear, get a pedicure with my sisters and Mom and then eat my Mom's best cooking. I requested she make pot roast. Yummy! We did miss each other, and I'm glad he returned home safely. The baby is growing and I think my belly grew over the weekend. I could feel it pulling and stretching. I have a little pooch now (on top of the pooch I had pre-pregnancy!). I am enjoying the pregnancy and how my body is changing and making me sick. I didn't realize it would be so drastic, but it's a miracle!! Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl.
2 comments:
Goldie Avalos Mayry is this you?
Congratulations on having a baby! How exciting. You and Matt are going to be the best parents. Hope all is well and that you are enjoying Southern California.
Love,
Lindsay
Post a Comment