I am over the "morning sickness", hooray!! I've gained my appetite back, but now I wake up in the middle of the night, because of really bad heartburn. It feels like a lot of pressure on top of my abdomen, or a big bubble that won't pop. I've been getting this every other night. It's been awful. I've tried to stay away from spicy foods, and eat smaller portions, but nothing seems to be help prevent it. I've tried Tums, Maalox and baking soda/water. Nothing works. It does feel good on my tummy when I take a hot shower. I'm usually up for about 2 hours. I can't lay down because the pressure is too much. My mom said she had bad heartburn with me, so maybe it's payback. I hope this doesn't last too much longer.
This past week Matt and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat with the doppler. It was beating really fast, and it was very surreal. The checkup proved that my blood tests were normal. Earlier they thought I may have gestational diabetes so I had to go in and take a glucose test. My arms were so bruised from all the poking. I had blood drawn on the hour for 4 hours! Not fun at all. I guess I have to do this again around the 26th week.
I haven't had too many crazy food cravings. I do like eating a lot of fruit and chewy candies. I have a very low desire for cookies, cakes, seafood and sauteed vegetables.
I'm not as tired as I used to be. I don't need a nap everyday, but I still like going to bed early.
I can't wait to find out the baby's gender. My family keeps saying it will be a boy. I have no idea. We'll see in probably 6 more weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment