6.24.2011

Lillie's Wedding in Boston

Matt and Scott all decked out for the event.



With the happy couple.  My sister was a beautiful bride!!

In Boston's Little Italy.  Serene and Scott soaking it all in.

The grandmas with Isaac and his gelato face.

The grandmas with a very happy Aleena.

I made us walk all the way to Little Italy for the best cannolis.

Looking down the street of Little Italy.  It looks like a Hollywood set.

The blossoms were out.  So pretty.

Lillie and Long just got their marriage license at Boston's city hall.

Serene announced she was engaged.

Our first time together in Boston at Quincy Market eating lobster rolls.  Yum!

Charles River.  Fun seeing the row teams and the runners.
At Walden Pond.  A replica of Thoreau's house he lived in for two years.
Beautiful and serene.



The kids wanted to play in the chilly water some more.


We took a small hike with Uncle Kurt and Jackson.




I loved the Holocaust Memorial the last time I visited Boston. It moves me to the point of tears when I see all those numbers representing those who were killed. I especially loved reading this,
"Ilse, a childhood friend of mine, once found a raspberry in the camp and carried it in her pocket all day to present to me that night on a leaf. Imagine a world in which your entire possession is one raspberry and you give it to your friend." Gerda Weissman Klein, Holocaust Survivor


Inside Fanueil Hall


In Quincy Market


Benjamin Franklin's parent's memorial.


We love this park. Across is the frog pond.


The kids loved the carousel. Aleena had to ride the froggy.


A few hours before we caught our flight we had the pleasure to meet up with our friends, Lindsay and Tyler Hull, who moved to Boston five years ago. It was the grand opening of the Swan Boats for the season. It was such a fun event to meet up. There were complimentary swan cookies and ice cream and drinks. We loved catching up with this cute family. We used to be in the single's ward together and I knew Lindsay from when we were about seven or eight years old when she moved into our ward. Their son Charlie was the cutest baby.


We saw this park ranger and his horse ranger, Fred. It reminded me of Central Park.


With the Hull family.

2 comments:

Piper said...

That looks like an amazing trip! You were right about the street in Little Italy- looks like it is straight out of a movie. So fun.

Darn you, Goldie! Now I want to go to Boston!

Lindsay said...

Matt & Goldie,
We had so much fun meeting up with you in the public gardens. We are so glad you called when you came into town. Your kids are adorable and it was so fun to meet them and hang out with you. We think you need to plan a trip to visit us in Europe. :)I can't believe Lily is married. She looked so beautiful. And congrats to Serene! We really had a fun afternoon with you. So glad it worked out!