I cannot help but feel that some friends and family have been inspired to share this wonderful message with me not once, but several times. The email with the attached message always comes at a particularly hard day. Imagine tantrums, food spilled all over the floor, bowel movement explosions, whining, fighting against taking naps, crying because of teething, all while trying to fulfill other duties like washing dishes, laundry, cooking, and attending meetings. Those days I feel especially inadequate as a mom and often leaves me wondering why I wanted to be one or how does "so and so" have time to juggle everything and she has FOUR kids? But at the end of the day when the kiddos are all sweetly sleeping is when I open up this message and listen to the words. That's when I know I am not alone. I know that all mothers are going through the same challenges of raising beautiful children like myself. I know that my job is the best job in the world, and yet the most difficult. I cry each time I hear this message, and I feel spiritually uplifted and proud to have chosen to be a mom. I am also moved with gratitude for my husband, who loves me and loves our children and completes our family circle with his strength. Because without him, I would never have the joy of being a mom to Aleena and Isaac.
Motherhood: An Eternal Partnership with God
1 comment:
That is really lovely. You are doing an amazing job with those two beautiful children. Enjoy all the moments.
Post a Comment