5.19.2008

Getting Bigger

Aleena has outgrown her bassinet and is finally sleeping in her crib! Yay for me. Thank you Yadira for your helpful tips on how she can sleep on her own without me holding her. She loves her crib. She kept waking herself up in the bassinet by hitting the sides while she was sleeping. She sleeps so much better now, and that means I can sleep a lot better too! I still wake up to check on her, so I guess I'm not getting too much more sleep, but I do love watching her sleep with that sweet angelic face. I want to kiss her, but then that would mean waking her up.

*A question to all those moms out there: What do you think about crib bumpers? I'm still debating whether or not they're safe. Please give me your opinion.

I'm too big for this joint.


I love my crib!


Party at my crib everyone!

5 comments:

Billy and Katie said...

I've never had any problems with mine. My girls like to roll up in the corner while they sleep, so I think it made me feel better knowing that they would not smack into the side.

The Carroll's said...

ha ha ha, a party at my crib! You're funny!

She is getting so big already! What's going on? They shouldn't be allowed to grow that fast!!

Adriann said...

I've never had a problem with my bumpers either. I've heard the whole suffocating thing and I don't really believe it. Ivy loves her, she snuggles up to them, uses them to help her stand up in her crib, and hides stuffed animals behind them. But if you're unsure about it, I would advise you not to use them because you'll just be paranoid about it and its not worth it. Good luck.

adriandgreg said...

I agree with everyone else. I use them. I did take it off when Lance started rolling around but noticed he would wake himself up because he would hit his head on the bars at night. So I put it back on and now he hits his head on a soft bumper and sleeps through the night...hooray! Maybe it depends on the kid but I think they are safe.

aly said...

Just tie 'em on tightly and everything will be fine.