3.08.2008

Countdown for baby

37 Weeks (3 more weeks or more to go)

We are almost ready for our baby. We've finished our childbirth prep classes and our infant safety and CPR class. I really enjoyed the classes because they have helped me feel less scared and more prepared for what to expect. I was surprised Matt enjoyed them too. I thought he would be bored out of his mind, but he was really interested and has helped remind me to do the exercises and to practice. He even wanted to go to the library to get the book and DVD, "The Happiest Baby on the Block". He says he can't wait to swaddle her and try out the methods. He is going to be a great dad.

Pregnancy Complaints & Discomforts:

My feet and fingers are starting to swell. No more wedding ring. I look like an unwed mother. The only comfortable pair of shoes are my mary jane Crocs. I wish I could wear those to every business meeting. My feet are so sore from standing more than 10 minutes. If I am in the office I wear my pink fuzzy slippers. They are like heaven on my feet. I am still working and will until the baby is due, but I am getting really tired and want to take naps and go to bed early and sleep 10 hours at a stretch (with the usual pee breaks). It is harder to roll over in bed and to get out and I am starting to get stretch marks. Yuck! My belly itches like crazy and it hurts to walk because she is pressing down really hard. The doctor showed me an ultrasound to see what position she was in. Sure enough, her head is down. It was neat to find out what the big bumps were that I was feeling. Her butt is on my upper right side and her cute little feet are on the upper left side. She loves kicking and squirming around in what little room she has. I have a feeling I've ruined her by feeding her too much chocolate. I didn't have any strong cravings up until now. I want chocolate all the time. Our baby is going to come out wanting chocolate instead of milk. Poor thing. I guess I'll put an end to my complaints before I get too carried away. No wonder the last month is always the hardest and women want the baby out NOW!! I really hope she doesn't come past her due date. I am really excited to see what she will look like.

I'm a "chocoholic"


Cankles (Matt painted my toenails. What a nice husband!)


I have been in the nesting mood. This time it's in full force. My parents were so sweet to come over to help out with the baby's room. They knew Matt was busy with work and that I can't do much lifting, so they wanted to treat us by decorating her room. They put up fabric on the walls and gave us money to get a crib. Matt finished putting the fabric on the wall, and then put up all the letters, the curtain rod holder and the growth chart. He couldn't rest with me giving him project after project. I was busy making her valance for the window and attempting to make decorative burp cloths. I love my sewing machine and am learning how to use it. I am not a seamstress, but am learning from my mistakes. Hopefully no one looks closely at the curtain. It's been fun. We still have to put in the crib and get her bedding.

The decorated wall


My attempt at making a valance.


My first decorated burp cloth.


My bag is 90% packed. She could come any day now (wishful thinking).

4 comments:

Megan C. said...

Looks like you're almost ready! In case it helps, you still look super cute!

Shelley said...

I love the Happiest Baby on the Block method. It totally works! Remember your 5 S's! And your nursery and baby stuff are SO cute! I liked chocolate a lot too... but I always do. I can't wait to see pictures of the little one when she arrives. And one more note... enjoy all the sleep you can get right now! It won't be as regular in a few weeks. But hopefully you'll have a great sleeper.

Adriann said...

Good thing you're ready because my baby came at 36 weeks! That's great that Matt was so great during child birth classes. Shane was TERRIBLE during ours! He was BORED TO TEARS. I had to keep giving him things to entertain him. You are very lucky! =)

The Carroll's said...

You are so cute!! I think you can complain the last month of your pregnancy! You did a great job on your sewing projects!! The curtains look fabulous!!