12.01.2007

Thanksgiving With Family and Friends

Matt and I had a really good Thanksgiving. We dropped Serene and Stu off at LAX so they could visit Stu's family in Idaho. Afterwards we went to my Dad and Mom's house in Redlands. It was a nice sunny day. Not too hot. Mom made the turkey, candied yams, cranberry relish, her yummy stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy. She scared Matt by saying she didn't make the raspberry jello dessert this year. Actually we were all scared, because we look forward to that every year. But she was only teasing. I was in charge of bringing the green beans and the salad. I tried to make it different. I coated the fresh green beans in a gorgonzola sauce and added bacon bits and pecans. I made a green salad with fresh pears, candied pecans and drizzled poppy seed dressing over it. I was pleased with it. I should have made rolls because there were none. Maybe next year.

Mom invited a couple from their church who are empty nesters and were going to eat at Black Angus. They were really nice and brought a yummy promegranate drink.

As always, Mom had a beautiful table display, and she set out her new decoration piece that she got in Big Bear. A little Native American boy eating corn. It is so cute. I'll have to take a picture of it.

Matt and me after eating. However, I'm not trying to stick out my belly. It's grown a lot.


My belly at 21 weeks.


Me and Lil.

After eating we sat around to let the food digest. Lillie and I also took a nap. We woke up and watched some movies.

The next day Dad had to work, and the rest of us stayed around the house. I was not going to wake up at 4am to do some shopping. Matt did all my parent's yard work, because he was bored. He's so sweet. He even fixed their vacuum cleaner. However, he did break a glass and broke their lamp, so I guess it evened out. Ha ha.

On Saturday we went to my friend's house in Blythe for a mini reunion. We've known each other since college, and have tried to get together at least once or twice a year. We had a Thanksgiving potluck. Morgan made her yummy turkey, Jose made paella, Valerie and her boyfriend made the mashed potatoes and the bread pudding, Katie made funeral potatoes and the raspberry jello dessert, Lisa made the salads, and Lauren made the broccoli cheese casserole. They requested, as always, for me to bring the spinach and artichoke dip in the Hawaiian bread bowl. It was a major feast, and it was so good to be around those girls. It keeps expanding. New boyfriends or husbands, now it's more babies. It's fun to see how everyone is enjoying their life. After dinner we played Apples to Apples and had a great time. Then most of us left for home. Can't wait to see them all again.

Katie and Danny (the hosts)

Morgan and Jose

Val and Paul

Lauren and Johnathan


Lauren, Val, Lisa, Morgan, Katie and me (April Reunion 2007)


The girls and their babies (April Reunion 2007)

No comments: