2.07.2012

Isaac's 2nd Birthday

We celebrated Isaac's 2nd birthday on January 7th over at my parent's house. His car cakes were a big hit. Isaac's personality is blooming and is fun to watch.  He loves to be silly and playful and likes to laugh.  He loves doing whatever Aleena is doing and copies everything she does.  This can cause fights between them, but deep down I know they love each other.  He says plenty of words and says a few new ones each day.  I am his personal translator, most people can't understand what he's saying.  A few words:  Bapple=Apple,  Niney=Aleena, Ear-re-ol=Cereal, Unt-at=I want that, May-men=Amen, Choo-choo-Train, Wheel=Bus.  This helps until I can't understand what he wants and then a huge tantrum follows.  And boy is he good at throwing tantrums, especially in the stores, when it involves wanting to eat everything I put in the basket.  If bribery doesn't work, I just leave the store, and wait until he's calmed down, then go back in.  Very exhausting, but I think he's learning.  His big brown eyes and LONG eyelashes melt my heart and make me forget what I was mad about.  It's sure fun having a boy.  He's so different from Aleena, and keeps me on my toes.  No rest for this momma.  Never thought I'd be interested in knowing all the construction trucks and their uses: backhoe, excavator etc.  Isaac is very bright. I'm surprised he learned all his colors and names them all.  He knows each one of his trains by name.  I try to trick him, but he knows them very well.  He loves his Thomas Trains and Disney Cars characters.  He loves to be read to, and his favorite books are anything with trucks, trains, Winnie-the-Pooh, or dogs.  When he goes to bed he loves this night-time ritual:  read scriptures (he'll bring our heaviest Book of Mormon from the living room..strong boy), sing our reverent song, say prayers (he's recently been saying the prayers), put him in bed, but make sure he has his big school bus filled with his Thomas trains, McQueen, Mater and tiny school bus.  I then have to cover him up with his blanket and he asks me to sit on the rocking chair to sing him "Wheel-on-the-bus", his favorite song.   After all this, I leave the room and he and Aleena talk a little or ask for water.  Finally, after the water, they go to sleep.  Then the day starts all over at 7am. 
Singing "Happy Birthday" to the birthday boy. He loved the candles.

Party hats complete the party.

Blowing out his candles.  He did a great job.  Very little spit involved.

He loved opening up his presents.

Aleena was happy for his brother and gave him kisses.

My sweet baby boy (2 months).

Isaac loves playing with trains.

Isaac loves dogs.  He calls them, "Ruff ruff".

He loves to be silly and make us laugh.  Putting a cup on his head and calling it a "hat".

1 comment:

aly said...

Those car cakes remind me of a train cake Matt had for one of his birthdays. Have you seen those photos?