7.12.2011

Anniversary Trip to Maui

My awesome husband decided to take me to Maui for our anniversary. My sister and her fiance were there and wanted another couple to join them. My aunt and uncle own a condo and allowed us to stay there for free! It was an amazing trip. My wonderful mother agreed to take care of the kids for five days. I was so relaxed and fell more in love with my Matty. A must do for all parents with kids. My goal was to lay out on the beach and read and nap. I only got to do that once since we were so busy exploring the island. It was still a dream come true.

Once we landed at the airport we walked out to this view!  Incredible.
                                         


I was delighted to be in paradise.

We went to church in the morning and then took a small hike to Iao.

My love.

We wanted to swim in these beautiful pools, but signs said not to.  The water was for the Taro farmers.

We took the road to Hana and drove crazy winding roads for several hours.  We finally made it to the black sand beach.

We loved seeing these beauties everywhere.  I love plumerias!

Our last stop on the road to Hana was to swim in the seven pools and hike to the waterfalls.   The boys enjoyed climbing on this huge Banyan tree.

An amazing sight to see this waterfall.  I loved the hike.

The bamboo forest was amazing and so surreal.  The sounds the branches made were eerie.

We got dressed up to have a nice dinner and see a show.

Taking our "prom" pictures.

Serene and Scott.

Loved seeing real coconuts.

The thought of having dinner by the sea was great and all, until the sun was blinding us.

They got the better seats.

Our seafood feast.

On the plane ride home.  Matty got me my pink pearls.  I had a great time!

Black sand beach.
My mom sent me this picture while I was in Maui.  She said, "You were gone so long Aleena grew facial hair."  Made me laugh and miss my babies.
Matt asked me while we were in Maui, "Do you feel naked without your babies?"  I replied, "No, I feel liberated!"  I love my babies, but the trip helped me bond more with Matt and I had more patience when I returned home.

2 comments:

Piper said...

I agree with your sentiments whole-heartedly. A trip away from the kids is essential and oh-so worth it. The first day seems to leave you longing for them but as soon as you realize they are fine and in good hands, you are so liberated to enjoy your time with your man. SOOOO GLAD you guys got to go!

Trudy G. said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. How fun.