My friend Melaina was turning 30 and she decided to have a prom style birthday party. Everyone was to dress up and ride in a limo to a salsa club in LA called the Mayan! It was a blast. I'd love to do that again. It was definitely better than my own prom in high school. I loved dancing with Matt. We haven't danced in forever. When we were dating we would go dancing once or twice a week. Thursdays were salsa dancing and Fridays were swing dancing. We fell in love dancing. Actually, what made him ask me out on a date was when he first saw me dancing to "Suavamente" at a Young Single Adult dance.
(I forgot to bring my camera, so these are Melaina's photos.)
Melaina, the birthday girl.

Inside the limo on our way to the club. We watched 'A Night at the Roxbury' on the way there. I guess the movie was filmed at the Mayan.

Outside the limo.

"All the married ladies, all the married ladies..."

Inside the Mayan.

Matt and I leaving the Mayan.
2 comments:
That looks like so much fun! I want to go dancing!
What fun idea Goldie! You two look great! miss seeing you!
Post a Comment