10.12.2008

New Teeth = No Sleep

Yep, Aleena has 2 new teeth. For the past two weekends I've been getting up every two hours with her because she hasn't been sleeping well. Last night and today was the worst. I felt so bad for her. I didn't know what to do. I tried giving her the infant Tylenol and later ibuprofen but nothing seemed to help. With little sleep I unfortunately broke down crying at church today. Aleena was screaming and was inconsolable. I am extremely grateful to those who gave Aleena and me a blessing and to those who helped calm her down. Some even offered to watch the little one so I could take a nap, because Matt was out of town. Thank heavens for good people. They mean the world to a sleep-deprived-first-time-mom. And I am even more grateful for the power of priesthood blessings.



I love this pouty face.

3 comments:

california smiths said...

I am so sorry you are having a rough time. Teething is the worst, especially when you are by yourself. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. Aleena loved us babysitting, and I would gladly do it again!!

Jared & Kristen Rogers said...

Oh no!!!!! You poor mama. Hang in there. If you need anything, let me know

Adriann said...

Oh, poor Aleena! But really, poor Goldie! I am so sorry, hopefully the other teeth will come in without anyone noticing.